Super Nuke Bros. Forum

The forum of the highly anticipated Flash game "Super Nuke Bros. Melee".

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Gregboy101
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant

Male Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:29 pm

Well maybe we can PM, discuss the veterans, and not tell any one Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greginc.weebly.com
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer

Male Number of posts : 667
Location : Here, but not here at the same time. Strange, isn't it?
Registration date : 2010-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:05 pm

Nah. I particularly don't trust you to keep it hush-hush. Awesome
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corka Cola
Neutral Nuke Brother

Male Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:17 am

I'm assuming you can trust me, correct?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ssbblitz.qforum.biz/forum.htm
Gregboy101
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:29 am

Well let' just tell each other who they are and we will pretent this never happened
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:11 am

I'm pretty sure Callum, TaroNuke, or Hoeloe won't like it if I told ANYONE.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gregboy101
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:42 pm

I won't tell anyone either
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:17 pm

I still don't trust you, so I say we should drop that discussion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gregboy101
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:06 pm

I cross my heart
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:39 pm

Just give it up. Besides, if you keep asking, it's SPAM.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tarvonas
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter

Male Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2010-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:23 am

GOSH.

Greg literally isn't learning ANYTHING from the countless warnings! I can't get over this!

Every topic you post in seems to somehow morph into a one-way conversation with GoldenYuiitusin. 90% of the time not relating to the topic. And another 70% of the time baring pointless one-liners which honestly make me giggle. I'm not going to be all like "PLZ STOP NAO" because everyone has already done that, and guess what. You JUST. DON'T. LISTEN.

And I can just tell you're going to reply with something absurdly pointless, most likely baring around roughly ten words. Please, don't. If you're going to compose a message saying "sorry" or something, just don't worry about it! Simply resist the urge to post those kinds of messages.

SPAM = Stupid pointless annoying message. Bare that in mind. When you're writing a message, just read through it and correct any little grammatical errors before you post it. Also be sure to actually check if it's really 100% necessary, and follows the topic.

Speaking of topics, we'd better steer back on track in this one.

I would be very interested to see that picture, but obviously asking won't get me anywhere, so... *Pulls out knife*

Seriously though, the whole way you're finding characters leaked around the internet and posting them really reminds me of forums for actual console games. Games that little is known about, I mean. Like Pokemon Black and White, and how everyone goes ecstatic when a tiny bit of leaked information gets released, though in the case ofSNBM, without the countless posts, and crazed lunacy. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:52 pm

*Pulls out twin katana* You REALLY want to go, Tarvonas? Lulz.

Anyway, the picture IS in fact online, you just have to look HARD.
(Not here, though.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarthDragon
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant

Male Number of posts : 214
Location : On that building over to the left where I can easily get a clear shot at your window.
Registration date : 2009-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:47 pm

Tarvonas wrote:
GOSH.

Greg literally isn't learning ANYTHING from the countless warnings! I can't get over this!

Every topic you post in seems to somehow morph into a one-way conversation with GoldenYuiitusin. 90% of the time not relating to the topic. And another 70% of the time baring pointless one-liners which honestly make me giggle. I'm not going to be all like "PLZ STOP NAO" because everyone has already done that, and guess what. You JUST. DON'T. LISTEN.

And I can just tell you're going to reply with something absurdly pointless, most likely baring around roughly ten words. Please, don't. If you're going to compose a message saying "sorry" or something, just don't worry about it! Simply resist the urge to post those kinds of messages.

SPAM = Stupid pointless annoying message. Bare that in mind. When you're writing a message, just read through it and correct any little grammatical errors before you post it. Also be sure to actually check if it's really 100% necessary, and follows the topic.

Speaking of topics, we'd better steer back on track in this one.

I would be very interested to see that picture, but obviously asking won't get me anywhere, so... *Pulls out knife*

Seriously though, the whole way you're finding characters leaked around the internet and posting them really reminds me of forums for actual console games. Games that little is known about, I mean. Like Pokemon Black and White, and how everyone goes ecstatic when a tiny bit of leaked information gets released, though in the case ofSNBM, without the countless posts, and crazed lunacy. Razz
THANK. YOU!!!
Anywho, I'm not sure if I'd like to see the picture, considering I'm in between wanting/not wanting to see spoilers. Like by the time I got Brawl, I already knew a pretty much the whole game already. Maybe if Hoeloe, Callum, and Taro all agree to allowing that, then you put it in a spoiler link, then maybe it'll be okay to show. Also with a big WARNING SPOILERS!!! sign by it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:39 pm

I told them that I knew about it, but they told me that it was a while ago and changes could've been made for all I know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tarvonas
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter

Male Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2010-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:19 am

Yeah, actually, I agree with DarthDragon. I'd like to be surprised with this game. Smile I got so hyped up researching Brawl, that when it came out, my excitement was already worn out. :S
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gregboy101
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:24 am

One time I switched back to Melee for a while, cause I missed the characters who didn't get in Brawl
Back to top Go down
DarthDragon
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant

Location : On that building over to the left where I can easily get a clear shot at your window.

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:36 am

Gregboy101 wrote:
One time I switched back to Melee for a while, cause I missed the characters who didn't get in Brawl
Liiiiiike, Mewtwo and Roy for example?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:37 am

Or Doc, Pichu, or Yink?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarthDragon
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:34 pm

GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
Or Doc, Pichu, or Yink?
Yeah! The way I see it, Doc could've been some alternate costume in Brawl (Like Overalls Wario), Pichu/Young Link/Roy could've been given different movesets, and Mewtwo shouldn't've been removed. Basically Brawl could've been better character-wise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:02 pm

DarthDragon wrote:
GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
Or Doc, Pichu, or Yink?
Yeah! The way I see it, Doc could've been some alternate costume in Brawl (Like Overalls Wario), Pichu/Young Link/Roy could've been given different movesets, and Mewtwo shouldn't've been removed. Basically Brawl could've been better character-wise.
I agree on Pichu and Roy being "Luigified" and Mewtwo staying, but I disagree with Young Link (unless they make him with the Masks) as Toon Link replaces him.
And I disagree with Doc being a costume. He would shoot fireballs, which I do not want. I feel that Doc should be selected as an alternate costume, but be given distinct changes like in Melee, so he's his own character, but doesn't take roster space.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DarthDragon
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:55 pm

GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
DarthDragon wrote:
GoldenYuiitusin wrote:
Or Doc, Pichu, or Yink?
I agree on Pichu and Roy being "Luigified" and Mewtwo staying, but I disagree with Young Link (unless they make him with the Masks) as Toon Link replaces him.
And I disagree with Doc being a costume. He would shoot fireballs, which I do not want. I feel that Doc should be selected as an alternate costume, but be given distinct changes like in Melee, so he's his own character, but doesn't take roster space.
P/R: lol Luigified
M: everyone seems to agree
YL: I made up a moveset for him in a different topic here in the Character Discussion Forums. It included the Deku Mask as a \/Special transformation. Callum said he liked it.
Dr. M: Maybe a super special alt costume (that includes a name change to Dr. Mario)?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TaroNuke
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:03 pm

Tarvonas wrote:
Yeah, actually, I agree with DarthDragon. I'd like to be surprised with this game. Smile I got so hyped up researching Brawl, that when it came out, my excitement was already worn out. :S

Well actually, the primary cause for disappointment in Brawl was that all the unlockables were such a... well... disappointment!

Dedede should have been an unlockable! And hell, so should Meat Knight! Why the heck would I want to UNLOCK Captain Falcon!? He wasn't even an unlock in the previous game! The vast majority of the unlocks were seen-it-all-before. I for example felt that Marth didn't need to be an unlockable either.

The only ones worth staying unlockable from Melee were Ganondorf, Luigi and Jigglypuff.

[Also, don't extremely hype a character or two if you're going to make them unlockable, fuck.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://supernukebros.moonfruit.com
DarthDragon
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:28 pm

TaroNuke wrote:
Tarvonas wrote:

Well actually, the primary cause for disappointment in Brawl was that all the unlockables were such a... well... disappointment!

Dedede should have been an unlockable! And hell, so should Meta Knight! Why the heck would I want to UNLOCK Captain Falcon!? He wasn't even an unlock in the previous game! The vast majority of the unlocks were seen-it-all-before. I for example felt that Marth didn't need to be an unlockable either.

The only ones worth staying unlockable from Melee were Ganondorf, Luigi and Jigglypuff.

[Also, don't extremely hype a character or two if you're going to make them unlockable, fuck.]
Ha, I agree! Snake and Sonic were announced and playable during demos a lot, and they somehow ended up unlockable (like we didn't know they were in. "Sonic and Snake join the Brawl!"~back of box.), and before it was released in Japan, I thought the replaced Ness with Lucas! Jigglypuff should've stuck to the easy way to unlocking her! ...And speaking of her, why the hell were Jiggs, Wolf, and Toon L. all unlockable after the SSE? What did Jiggs have to do with a swamp that wasn't a swamp? What did Wolf have to do with the ruins? The only thing Toon Link had to do with the forest was that was where you first played as Link in Adventure... And Sonic!? Why at the very very end? I would've rather seen a random mixup of characters with him in it, like if he ended up on the floating island where they produced the Subspace Bombs, and he teamed up with Samus/Pikachu to fight of the R.O.B.'s until they met the Captains/Kongs. And it's the freaking Smash world, they don't need to worry about a storyline with two Links in it! Wolf could've been a villain that helped Ganondorf turn on Bowser, then gets double-crossed by Ganon as well! Jiggs could've just been somehow thrown in, maybe with the Ice Climbers (who weren't involved enough in the story).
And yeah, why was the newcomer Ike a starter while Marth was still unlockable!? I seriously thought they were replacing old characters with new ones until it was released.
Brawl just didn't seem as great as we thought. I had fun with it, but not anymore...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:27 pm

DarthDragon wrote:

Ha, I agree! Snake and Sonic were announced and playable during demos a lot, and they somehow ended up unlockable (like we didn't know they were in. "Sonic and Snake join the Brawl!"~back of box.), and before it was released in Japan, I thought the replaced Ness with Lucas! Jigglypuff should've stuck to the easy way to unlocking her! ...And speaking of her, why the hell were Jiggs, Wolf, and Toon L. all unlockable after the SSE? What did Jiggs have to do with a swamp that wasn't a swamp? What did Wolf have to do with the ruins? The only thing Toon Link had to do with the forest was that was where you first played as Link in Adventure... And Sonic!? Why at the very very end? I would've rather seen a random mixup of characters with him in it, like if he ended up on the floating island where they produced the Subspace Bombs, and he teamed up with Samus/Pikachu to fight of the R.O.B.'s until they met the Captains/Kongs. And it's the freaking Smash world, they don't need to worry about a storyline with two Links in it! Wolf could've been a villain that helped Ganondorf turn on Bowser, then gets double-crossed by Ganon as well! Jiggs could've just been somehow thrown in, maybe with the Ice Climbers (who weren't involved enough in the story).
And yeah, why was the newcomer Ike a starter while Marth was still unlockable!? I seriously thought they were replacing old characters with new ones until it was released.
Brawl just didn't seem as great as we thought. I had fun with it, but not anymore...
Well, seeing as Sonic and Snake were guests, it made sense for them to be unlockable. I didn't mind. Except for the fact that I somehow couldn't BEAT Sonic to unlock him. (Had to beat SSE to unlock him...yeah, I sucked when it came out...)
I agree with Jigglypuff being one of the earliest unlockables. That's what defined her. Until Brawl....
Jiggs, Wolf, and Tink probably had no place in the story when they were added (last minute additions to the SSE due to writer's block). As for why they were where they were: It's just Random Secret Doors. Doesn't matter where a RSD is, it just has to be there.
Sonic wasn't even in the game until 2007, so Sonic's placement is due to that. He was the last character to be made.
And I too, don't get why Ike and Lucas were starters and Marth and Ness unlockables.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gregboy101
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:08 am

Well I switched back for all the characters
Back to top Go down
GoldenYuiitusin
True Pursuer
True Pursuer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:51 am

Just to play Melee for the sake of playing Melee?
That's what I do too.
And once I get my Wii connected to the internet, I'm getting the SSB64 on Virtual Console.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances   

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. Characters' Chances
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next