Super Nuke Bros. Forum

The forum of the highly anticipated Flash game "Super Nuke Bros. Melee".
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Super Smash Bros. Brawl

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
TaroNuke
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Number of posts : 220
Age : 26
Location : England
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:14 pm

Squidly wrote:

Nope, Mr. Game and Watch's only competition is Sonic.

While I don't think Sonic is AMAZING, I've been beaten by a good Sonic. He's far from a good character though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://supernukebros.moonfruit.com
Hoeloe
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Number of posts : 354
Age : 24
Location : UK, Harrogate
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:46 pm

TaroNuke wrote:
Squidly wrote:

Nope, Mr. Game and Watch's only competition is Sonic.

While I don't think Sonic is AMAZING, I've been beaten by a good Sonic. He's far from a good character though.

I'm sure I beat you as Sonic once... Through sheer luck and hazard stage choice.

Since it took me about a hundred odd battles.

Sonic is not a good character. Which is why I was disappointed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://supernukebros.moonfruit.com/
Squidly
Godly Gamer
Godly Gamer
avatar

Male Number of posts : 329
Age : 22
Location : Massachusetts, U.S.A.
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:08 pm

Hoeloe wrote:
TaroNuke wrote:
Squidly wrote:

Nope, Mr. Game and Watch's only competition is Sonic.

While I don't think Sonic is AMAZING, I've been beaten by a good Sonic. He's far from a good character though.

I'm sure I beat you as Sonic once... Through sheer luck and hazard stage choice.

Since it took me about a hundred odd battles.

Sonic is not a good character. Which is why I was disappointed.

Sonic IS the hardest character to get used to (aside from Snake) since he's insanely quick, but he's VERY effective once you learn how to land his moves, he's actually quite powerfull for a person that claims the title as the fastest character in the entire game, I mean, have you even seen a well landed down A move? It'll send you flying, and that one where he takes a guy, throws him downwards, then spins on top of him is painful.

I have won more then a few matches using Sonic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoeloe
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Number of posts : 354
Age : 24
Location : UK, Harrogate
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:33 pm

Squidly wrote:
I mean, have you even seen a well landed down A move?

Yes, unfortunately it's nigh on impossible to land.

Just ask Taro about the MILLIONS of times I have attempted it (I landed about 10)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://supernukebros.moonfruit.com/
Squidly
Godly Gamer
Godly Gamer
avatar

Male Number of posts : 329
Age : 22
Location : Massachusetts, U.S.A.
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:49 pm

Hoeloe wrote:
Squidly wrote:
I mean, have you even seen a well landed down A move?

Yes, unfortunately it's nigh on impossible to land.

Just ask Taro about the MILLIONS of times I have attempted it (I landed about 10)

Nobody said you had to be 500 feet in the air to try it, do it with a regular jump, and you're gonna hit them, either they like it or not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GDKN
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
avatar

Male Number of posts : 96
Age : 24
Location : newark, california
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:27 pm

needs more talk about how hilarious Dedede combo is when you're playing with buds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.72dpiarmy.com
Squidly
Godly Gamer
Godly Gamer
avatar

Male Number of posts : 329
Age : 22
Location : Massachusetts, U.S.A.
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:34 pm

GDKN wrote:
needs more talk about how hilarious Dedede combo is when you're playing with buds.

Which one?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GDKN
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler
avatar

Male Number of posts : 96
Age : 24
Location : newark, california
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:22 pm

Squidly wrote:
GDKN wrote:
needs more talk about how hilarious Dedede combo is when you're playing with buds.

Which one?

Grab one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.72dpiarmy.com
Jack
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant
avatar

Male Number of posts : 285
Age : 25
Location : Sweden
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:24 am

A grab isn't a combo, it's a grab. Even if it's a chain grab it's not a combo, it's still a grab.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TaroNuke
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Number of posts : 220
Age : 26
Location : England
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:05 am

There's this combo of techniques Sakurai put in the to make Sonic's incredible down air way less overpowered.

It's called rolling and smashing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://supernukebros.moonfruit.com
Hoeloe
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Number of posts : 354
Age : 24
Location : UK, Harrogate
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:28 am

TaroNuke wrote:
There's this combo of techniques Sakurai put in the to make Sonic's incredible down air way less overpowered.

It's called rolling and smashing.

^
This.

This is why I don't main Sonic any more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://supernukebros.moonfruit.com/
Flying Dutchman
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter
avatar

Male Number of posts : 135
Age : 26
Location : Netherlands
Registration date : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:58 am

Why would a Sonic main use dair and expect it to hit? You're supposed to jump, up-b, dair then do a tilt laglessly when they come and punish you. And even THAT is pretty stupid since everybody's expecting it by now :v
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fdsama.deviantart.com
Squidly
Godly Gamer
Godly Gamer
avatar

Male Number of posts : 329
Age : 22
Location : Massachusetts, U.S.A.
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:15 am

Flying Dutchman wrote:
Why would a Sonic main use dair and expect it to hit? You're supposed to jump, up-b, dair then do a tilt laglessly when they come and punish you. And even THAT is pretty stupid since everybody's expecting it by now :v

That's when you change it up.
Spamming attacks only works if you're Mr. Game and watch with his regular A move, if only he could stop doing his A move faster.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TaroNuke
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Number of posts : 220
Age : 26
Location : England
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:08 am

Squidly wrote:


That's when you change it up.
Spamming attacks only works if you're Mr. Game and watch with his regular A move, if only he could stop doing his A move faster.

Somebody brawl this guy :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://supernukebros.moonfruit.com
Squidly
Godly Gamer
Godly Gamer
avatar

Male Number of posts : 329
Age : 22
Location : Massachusetts, U.S.A.
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:21 am

TaroNuke wrote:
Squidly wrote:


That's when you change it up.
Spamming attacks only works if you're Mr. Game and watch with his regular A move, if only he could stop doing his A move faster.

Somebody brawl this guy :/

If I had Wi-Fi right now, I would.
But I probably wouldn't use Sonic, and go with Mr. Game and Watch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flying Dutchman
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter
avatar

Male Number of posts : 135
Age : 26
Location : Netherlands
Registration date : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:03 pm

Squidly wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:
Why would a Sonic main use dair and expect it to hit? You're supposed to jump, up-b, dair then do a tilt laglessly when they come and punish you. And even THAT is pretty stupid since everybody's expecting it by now :v

That's when you change it up.
Spamming attacks only works if you're Mr. Game and watch with his regular A move, if only he could stop doing his A move faster.

Ha

haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fdsama.deviantart.com
TaroNuke
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Number of posts : 220
Age : 26
Location : England
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:01 pm

Flying Dutchman wrote:


Ha

haha

I know right? Get wifi! Nao!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://supernukebros.moonfruit.com
Squidly
Godly Gamer
Godly Gamer
avatar

Male Number of posts : 329
Age : 22
Location : Massachusetts, U.S.A.
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:32 pm

TaroNuke wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:


Ha

haha

I know right? Get wifi! Nao!

I'm in Egypt, we'll deal with this on the first weekend after September 5th.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flying Dutchman
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter
avatar

Male Number of posts : 135
Age : 26
Location : Netherlands
Registration date : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:52 am

No we won't, since I hate Barwl and much rather play Melee/Brawl+ :V
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fdsama.deviantart.com
Jack
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant
avatar

Male Number of posts : 285
Age : 25
Location : Sweden
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:07 am

I don't like Brawl. It pisses me off that my noob friends can beat me by spamming while I'm at a much higher skill level.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Squidly
Godly Gamer
Godly Gamer
avatar

Male Number of posts : 329
Age : 22
Location : Massachusetts, U.S.A.
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:14 am

Flying Dutchman wrote:
No we won't, since I hate Barwl and much rather play Melee/Brawl+ :V

Wasn't exactly talking to you.

Jack wrote:
I don't like Brawl. It pisses me off that my noob friends can beat me by spamming while I'm at a much higher skill level.

That just means that it is YOU who are the n00b.
A pro can win even IF they're doing that, it adds to the challenge.

But either way, Pit's still pretty annoying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TaroNuke
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Number of posts : 220
Age : 26
Location : England
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:28 am

Eh... Pit doesn't annoy me anymore. All I have to do is pick Dedede, right Callum? Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://supernukebros.moonfruit.com
Callum Stamp
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male Number of posts : 570
Age : 25
Location : The Netherlands
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:27 am

TaroNuke wrote:
Eh... Pit doesn't annoy me anymore. All I have to do is pick Dedede, right Callum? Wink
Funny how Pit = Callum

Right now, the only thing stopping my Mario is Snake, and that's a tier problem ; )

btw Mr. X fails at lief
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://supernukebros.omgforum.net
itsameSMB
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter


Male Number of posts : 109
Age : 24
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:24 pm

Callum, all you need to know to beat Snake as Mario is that

1) You need to throw fireballs lie they are going out of style and
2) That Mario's Super Jump Punch is a pretty safe move with invulnerability frames.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack
Crazy Combatant
Crazy Combatant
avatar

Male Number of posts : 285
Age : 25
Location : Sweden
Registration date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:13 pm

Just cape evry single projectile? Couldn't be more simple.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl   

Back to top Go down
 
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Similar topics
-
» The Super Smash Bros. Speculation Thread
» Super Smash Bros
» Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS - Game + Roster Discussion
» Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Discussion (NEW)
» Super Smash Bros. Lawl

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Super Nuke Bros. Forum :: General :: Gaming Discussion-
Jump to: