Super Nuke Bros. Forum

The forum of the highly anticipated Flash game "Super Nuke Bros. Melee".

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Character Moveset Ideas

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Geno
Neutral Nuke Brother

Male Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Character Moveset Ideas   Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:42 am

Callum Stamp wrote:

PERSONALLY I'd love to work with Geno. He seems like a character with a past to him. There is also alot of room for improvisation wich we LOVE.

It's over Itsame, You've lost the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
itsameSMB
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter

Male Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Character Moveset Ideas   Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:37 am

That means he COULD have already been considering him before you brought him up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flying Dutchman
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter

Male Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Character Moveset Ideas   Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:53 pm

The roster might or might not be set in stone already.

The question you should be asking - Would one of the team ever casually mention how they've made the roster, what characters they thought of and who exactly will be in it?

Here's a hint : the answer is no. Just keep watching the site and you'll see who gets in and who doesn't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fdsama.deviantart.com
Evilagram
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler

Number of posts : 85

PostSubject: Re: Character Moveset Ideas   Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:51 pm

Flying Dutchman wrote:
The roster might or might not be set in stone already.

The question you should be asking - Would one of the team ever casually mention how they've made the roster, what characters they thought of and who exactly will be in it?

Here's a hint : the answer is no. Just keep watching the site and you'll see who gets in and who doesn't.

Arguing over it is MUCH more fun!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flying Dutchman
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Character Moveset Ideas   Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:55 pm

Well, that's true. Also, is that Phoenix in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure style?
Back to top Go down
Evilagram
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler

PostSubject: Re: Character Moveset Ideas   Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:11 pm

Flying Dutchman wrote:
Well, that's true. Also, is that Phoenix in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure style?

Indeed it is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flying Dutchman
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Character Moveset Ideas   Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:10 am

Too bad Awesome doesn't work anymore, or I would've spammed it here.
Back to top Go down
Hoeloe
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Character Moveset Ideas   Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:28 am

Flying Dutchman wrote:
Too bad Awesome doesn't work anymore, or I would've spammed it here.

Sorry about that. There's been a glitch and none of our emoticons work anymore. We're trying to look for the problem, but it's not looking good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://supernukebros.moonfruit.com/
Flying Dutchman
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Character Moveset Ideas   Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:44 am

Just an aside, what's up with the avatars? I tried putting one of my own on here but it doesn't seem to resize correctly anymore (which is why I just decided to take Brosnan instead).
Back to top Go down
Hoeloe
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Character Moveset Ideas   Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:01 pm

Flying Dutchman wrote:
Just an aside, what's up with the avatars? I tried putting one of my own on here but it doesn't seem to resize correctly anymore (which is why I just decided to take Brosnan instead).

I'm not sure, the avatars bugged out at the same time as the emoticons. We're looking into it.
Back to top Go down
Shipomaster
Neutral Nuke Brother

Male Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-10-16

PostSubject: No Xbox characters 0.o?   Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:38 pm

I propose, the hero of the orange box, Gordon Freeman
C'mon he's so badaCe!
With his famous crowbar in hand, he's ready to take on anything, be it a puzzel or a horde of aliens (or maybe a nintendo character?). He has joined the ranks of the xbox gods along with masterchief, the prince of persia,and Snake. His game was an innovation in so many ways and he has inspired many parodies and fan bassed videos/games.(masterchief vs Gordon Freeman)
Moveset:
standard A combo: 2-3 medium ranged swings with his crowbar, based on knockback(other options being damage, speed, or range). Should be one of the best moves for opening crates.
A smash: A wide swing of the crowbar based on damage.
A aerial: A strong crowbar swing with a long start up, so you have to time it right (gordon uses a lot of crowbar XD)
S standard: Gordon fires his pistol, it's pretty weak, but can be used in quick consesion. After 3-5 shots he has to reload and cannot attack for a brief time. He can still move back and forth while shooting and reloading.
S down: Gordon tosses an infamous face hugger or "head crab" as they're lamely called. They aren't very smart or fast, only one can be on the field at once. It jumps back and forth and latches comically onto an enemy's head, doing constant damage until it falls off.
S Forward: He takes out everyones favorite sub machine gun and fires a quick round of shots (this could be exchanged for a shotgun or another crowbar dash attack)
S up: This took a while to think of. Either the alien teleportation system, or he shoots the portal gun at his feet and drops him above not stopping his downward movement. Either one would teleport him upwards, which seems relevant since he is a scientist.
Grab: He pulls out the gravity gun from half life two and grabs the enemy with it. From there, he can either zap them(beat up move), or give them a good push with the gravity.
FS: Resonance cascade: Not sure about this one, but at the center of the screen a green light would start to form, and shortly after green lightning bolts shoot out and start slowly turning. Gordon is immune to the green light because of his suit and can move during this FS. It's easy to avoid onn its own, but with a crazed freeman following you, it wont be easy...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Shipomaster
Evilagram
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler

PostSubject: Re: Character Moveset Ideas   Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:43 am

I approve.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
itsameSMB
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Character Moveset Ideas   Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:47 am

As do I. The theoretical physicist trumps the faceless space marine any day imo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evilagram
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler

PostSubject: Re: Character Moveset Ideas   Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:57 pm

Shipomaster wrote:
S up: This took a while to think of. Either the alien teleportation system, or he shoots the portal gun at his feet and drops him above not stopping his downward movement. Either one would teleport him upwards, which seems relevant since he is a scientist.
Or you could do things HLDM style and just fire the Gauss Cannon downwards, propelling Gordon upwards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SingleMaleNurse
Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler

Male Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2009-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Character Moveset Ideas   Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:06 pm

Epic City 17 stage? I'm in. Also Dog as a Final Smash.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Callum Stamp
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Character Moveset Ideas   Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:15 pm

Haha, if only we had Ragdoll physics.. I am in love with the Gravity Gun in that game!

Neutral Nuke Brother

PostSubject: Okami   Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:21 pm

well that seemed popular so I think I'll try again (thx for your comments!) How about:.....
Amaterasu!

I think it's time to stop dwelling on the video game past and move on from characters like fox (who hasn't had a good game in years) to popular rising heros like Amaterasu from Okami.
Ammy is the sun god in wolf form. Her mission is to purify evil and fight for the good of the world! Her most famous move is her ability to paint with a sacred brush art and unleash the various powers of the gods!

Basic A combo: She swings the mystical flaming glave on her back doing good damage. Her second strike has a large start up time. Same with the 3rd.
A smash: She swings a mystical sword in a rising arc knocking enemies nearly straight up at high damage.
midair A: She spins and slashs with the glave.
basic S: brush art: Amy stops moving (maybe the area near her will turn parchment coloured liek in the game? Also showing her range). A few things can be done while this is held :
pressing left or right will make her tail brush appear and make an ink line in whichever direction. After a second a large slash effect will replace the ink doing damage to enemies.
pressing down: The brush appears and makes a small dot under ammy. After doing that, ammy can move again and after a few seconds a tree pops up where the dot was drawn, doing damage. The tree disapears quickly.
pressing up: a circle is drawn above ammy which turns into a sun that either makes ammy a little more powerful or recovers some hp.
pressing S: a brush appears and does a loopdeloop creating a wind that pushs enemies back.
pressing A: brush draws a circle with a line through. creates a cherry bomb that takes a while to explode but can be pushed around(can damage ammy when it explodes)
forward S: headbutt (would be dash A but that isn't in here so....) A strong dash with good knockback. Ammy is stunned a for second ofter using it, like when she hits an object and flips back.
Down S: She swings the rosary chain. Has a huge range but almost no knockback and power. Can be used 5 time consecutively.
Up S: A vine is connected from ammy to a platform above 9if there is one) pulling her up to it. If no one is there, a trail of water is shot up doing little damage.
Taunt: ammy sits down and Issun bounces around on her head. She gets bugged and eats him. XD
Final Smash: I haven't finished the game yet so you tell me XD.

Last edited by Shipomaster on Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hoeloe
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Character Moveset Ideas   Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:56 pm

Shipomaster wrote:
well that seemed popular so I think I'll try again (thx for your comments!) How about:.....
Amaterasu!

Oddly enough, I often find myself considering how Ammy would work as a character is Smash Bros.
Back to top Go down
Goof Ball
Neutral Nuke Brother

Male Number of posts : 20

PostSubject: Re: Character Moveset Ideas   Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:56 pm

Hoeloe wrote:
Shipomaster wrote:
Amaterasu!

Oddly enough, I often find myself considering how Ammy would work as a character is Smash Bros.

The same way Wolf Link worked in SNBM Awesome
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hoeloe
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Character Moveset Ideas   Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:15 am

Shipomaster wrote:

Final Smash: I haven't finished the yet so you tell me XD.

I have finished the game. Final Smash would be Shiranui.

This probably isn't going to happen, but this game was great. It's just not particularly a major icon.
Back to top Go down
Shipomaster
Neutral Nuke Brother

PostSubject: Re: Character Moveset Ideas   Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:33 pm

I looked into it, and I guess you're right. Though I think it should be a one hit dash attack thing cuz we have too many transformations in this game. I disagree. Nintendo thought it good enough to take from playstation, and many think of it as the best game on wii. It's one of the only games that makes good use of the motion control and is revolutionary in that aspect. I also heard that an okami 2 is coming out. I think Ammy is a rising star King Oh ya, do you want me to post more moveset ideas or would that be stupid idea spam?

Last edited by Shipomaster on Wed May 19, 2010 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Callum Stamp
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Character Moveset Ideas   Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:48 pm

Shipomaster wrote:
I looked into it, and I guess you're right. Though I think it should be a one hit dash attack thing cuz we have too many transformations in this game. I disagree. Nintendo thought it good enough to take from playstation, and many think of it as the best game on wii. It's one of the only games that makes good use of the motion control and is revolutionary in that aspect. I also heard that an okami 2 is coming out. I think Ammy is a rising star King Oh ya, do you want me to post more moveset ideas or would that be stupid idea spam?
You think a big company like Nintendo would "take" Okami to Wii? Likely Okami's developers asked for it.

Beastly Brawler
Beastly Brawler

PostSubject: Re: Character Moveset Ideas   Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:48 am

You think either company would particularly care?

Okami devs wanted it on the Wii, they paid the license fee, it was published.

Nintendo doesn't regulate every single game released on their console.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
itsameSMB
Furious Fighter
Furious Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Character Moveset Ideas   Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:13 am

If they did, the seal of quality would actually mean something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shipomaster
Neutral Nuke Brother

PostSubject: Re: Character Moveset Ideas   Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:32 pm

Ok I'll try again cuz I'm bored (and I still haven't posted nearly as any as that GDM guy!) And btw, I truly think that the movesets I make could and should be put into the game. This one, I'm surprised no one has thought to try so I'll do my best on it! Get ready for some facepalms cuz here come that "ninja" that everybody loves to hate!
It's Naruto!
Shippuden btw.
now Naruto would be a relatively fast runner but his attacks tend to be slow and powerful, making him an enemy you'll try to escape from but he'll be good at giving you trouble with that!
standard A combo: first he punches the enemy twice with slow start-up, then a clone jumps over him, smashes the enemy down where he's waiting to do a full body slam (with his shoulder).
A smash: He slashes with a kunai in a wide upwards arc, leaving an orange trail like in the CON games.
aerial A: He creates a clone, grabs its arms and swings it around, then sends himself diagonally down with a punch (takes him down like ZSS's aerial down, but his is more diagonal) The clone is left there till it touches the ground (or is hit)
standard S: He throws a kunai or two straight forward. It can be charged and it of little use unless this is done. It can be attacked to be deflected.
aerial standard S: He throws the kunai diagonally and it isn't chargeable.
Up S: Uzumaki barrage: two clones appear in front of him a little ways away and kick up. If there's something in between them, the enemy is send straight up, unable to do a thing, then Naruto uses on of the clones as a springboard, and brings his leg down on the enemy.
Aerial Up S: Naruto shunshins (teleports in a swirl of smoke and leaves) up.
forward S: Unlike most forward S's this one stops forward motion making it harder to follow the enemy relentlessly. A clone appears beside him and starts creating a rasengan in his hand. This isn't exactly a charge attack, it just has huge start-up and can't be canceled. But if it hits it has enormous knockback. Better than a falcon punch. It requires teamwork to land the big one..... Oh ya and maybe if it hits it could turn into a projectile pushing the enemy forwards a bit before sending them flying.
Down S: Now this may need some refining for cheapness, but he makes a Naruto clone appear that has a lvl 1 com intelligence or less, that dies in one hit. For the first clone there are no repercussions, but every time you summon another clone you take a bit of damage starting at maybe 10 or 20. With every new clone on the field the number is increased. When a clone dies the cost will come down to the last clone.
Final Smash: What else could it be? Rasenshuruiken? Hell no! Naruto turns into his four tailed beast form, and is controlled by the highest lvl computer(Naruto looses all control!). He gains mostly speed and some power and a change to all attacks (too bad you cant use them personally! XD)
Grab(cuz there's gotta be one): a clone appears in front of Naruto and grabs the enemy. The pummel is another clone appears on the side and punches him with every hit (stays until you throw). The throw is, the clone throws him diagonally leaning towards distance instead of height. Yup.
And cmon, could you tell me whether you mind me making more? I feel like I'm intruding.... Embarassed

Last edited by Shipomaster on Wed May 19, 2010 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Moveset Ideas   

Back to top Go down

Character Moveset Ideas
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next